CALL FOR PAPERS
ATTENTION: The deadline for submissions has been extended to the 20th of april.
International Symposium for Students and Young Researchers:
TRANSCULTURALISM AND CULTURAL CONFINEMENTS
May 14-15, 2021, Iași, Romania
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out the Google Form (in English) which will include your abstract (approx. 200 words) by April 10th, 2021, 23:59, EET (Eastern European Time) UTC/GMT +2.
WHEN: May 14-15, 2021
WHO: Students at all levels (BA, MA, PhD) and from all backgrounds.
The English and French Departments of the Faculty of Letters of Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași, Romania, have the great pleasure of extending an open invitation to the fourth edition of the INTERCULTURALIA International Symposium for Students and Young Researchers: TRANSCULTURALISM AND CULTURAL CONFINEMENTS.
It gives us great pride and satisfaction to see Interculturalia grow more with each year, having become a well-rooted project among students. Each edition offered the confirmation of the tremendous potential that lies in the opportunity of free and fruitful repartee, doing away with traditional delineations among fields and levels of study.
Acting as representatives of a multitude of backgrounds, we come together in a fertile conversation revolving around the elusive notions of interculturality, multiculturality, transculturality, and plurilingualism, their multiple facets, definitions and concrete materialization in today’s context. We will attempt to explore the mark left on these various facets of culture by current instances of confinement(s), as well as the climate of resistance to (cultural) isolationism.
The application for the symposium is open for students of all levels, who will all be given the chance to stand before a perceptive and knowledgeable audience and deliver a 15-minute presentation on a topic of their choice.
Participants are also given the opportunity of having their work published in the conference volume.
Take a look HERE at Intercultural Perspectives Vol. II / 2020 : Hybridity and diversity in language and culture. Issues of intercultural entrepreneurship, which includes selected works submitted by 2019 participants.
Possible fields of research may include, but are not limited to, humanities, social studies, and political sciences:
- Film and Adaptation Studies
- Media and Communication Studies
- Cultural Studies (Inter-American / American Studies, Francophone studies)
- Translation Studies
- Gender Studies
- Linguistics and Language studies
- World and Comparative Literature
- TEFL, FLE
- Environmentalism and Sustainable Development
- Media Culture/ Social Media Culture
- Arts and Trends in the Digital Age
- Multicultural / pluricultural / intercultural / transcultural studies
- Interdisciplinary approaches
English and French
- English Department (UAIC)
- French Department (UAIC)
- The Faculty of Geography and Geology (UAIC)
- Linguaculture (UAIC)
- Centre de réussite universitaire de Université Alexandru Ioan Cuza de Iaşi (CRU UAIC)
- Lectorat de Français (UAIC)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași
- Faculty of Letters (UAIC)
- University of Bucharest
- West University of Timișoara
- British Council Romania
- Institut Français de Roumanie à Iași
- Center for Canadian Studies of Iaşi (CSC)
- Agence universitaire de la Francophonie en Europe centrale et orientale (AUF en ECO)
- Alumni Foundation of Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi
- Association Roumaine des Départements Universitaires Francophones (ARDUF)
- Association des Étudiants Francophones de Iaşi (ASFI)
- Association of Students of Journalism Iași (ASJ)
- Association Médicale des Étudiants Francophones de Iaşi (AMSFI)